Following the principle of “Fair, just and open”, Harbin Engineering University sets up the scholarship for international students in order to promote the development of education and to attract distinguished international students to study at HEU.
Ⅰ. Selection of Applicants
The international students, who have applied or enrolled for bachelor, Master and PhD education at HEU, have the eligibility to apply HEU Scholarship.
Ⅱ. Rewarded Applicants
1. Distinguished students who are studying at HEU and applied for HEU Scholarship;
2. Distinguished students who applied for studying at HEU and HEU scholarship;
3. The exchanged or joint training distinguished students who are studying at HEU (more than 1 year, including 1 year) and applied for HEU Scholarship.
Ⅲ. Details of HEU Scholarship
1. Full Scholarship: Free Tuition plus providing with living expenses.
(Standard of Living expense: Bachelor candidate: 1400yuan RMB /month; Master candidate: 1700yuan RMB /month;Doctoral candidate: 2000yuan RMB /month.)
2. First Prize Scholarship: Free tuition.
3. Second Prize Scholarship: 50% deduction from tuition fees.
Ⅳ. Application Eligibility
1. Students who are applying for Harbin Engineering University must be Non-Chinese citizen or from Hong Kong, Taiwan or Macao with good health;
2. Friendly to China and respect Chinese social morality and customs;
3. Obeyed the law of People’s Republic of China and the rules & regulations of HEU with good characteristics;
4. Students who are diligent and studious with excellent academic results.
Ⅴ. Application Documents
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly and correctly and completely (in duplicate).
1. Bachelor Candidate
(1) Filled in “HEU Application Form for International Students” ;
(2) Filled in “Application Form for HEU Scholarship” (http://studyHEU.hrbeu.edu.cn);
(3) Passport photocopy;
(4) HSK grade certificate copy
(5) The notarized Transcript of Academic Record and the notarized diploma（photocopy）
(6) Letters of recommendation by the college where the students study and the College of International Cooperative Education (HEU students).
2. Master and Doctoral Candidate
(2) Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): If applicants are university students or already employed, they should also provide documents of being university students or on-post employees. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
(3) Applicants for master or doctoral degree studies also need to provide relevant notarized transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
(4) A study or research plan in Chinese or in English with signature (no less than 800 words).
(5) Applicants overseas for master or doctoral degree studies must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
(6) Passport copy.
(7) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take the medical examination.
The materials mentioned above should be submitted to the International Students Section of HEU before May 31, 2012 by applicants, and not returned.
Ⅵ. Assessment Process
1. The average score for applying for the scholarship:
Full Scholarship: above 85 (including 85); First Prize Scholarship: above 80 (including 80); Second Prize Scholarship: above 75 (including 75).
2. The students who award remarkable achievements of university level or above in the arts, sports and cultural activities are preferred; the students who award provincial or higher level prizes in professional competitions are preferred.
3. The students who have outstanding performance in major public events, social activities are preferred.
4. The students who publish papers in the relevant international publications are preferred.
Ⅶ. The HEU scholarship students who violate the law of People’s Republic of China and the rules & regulations of HEU will be cancelled the assessment eligibility of the next year.
The International Exchange & Cooperation Office will keep the explanation authority for this brochure.